The City of Temecula encourages citizen participation in the CDBG process through a series of public meetings, as well as through a published announcement prior to the final project and program selection.
Survey now available!
The City of Temecula is in the process of preparing its 5-Year Consolidated Plan as required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the use of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. The Consolidated Plan provides a strategy for future investments to provide decent housing, develop suitable living environments, and expand economic opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents.
We invite you to be part of the planning process by providing feedback on the priority needs and goals of the community particularly in the areas of housing, public facilities, social services and economic development. You should be able to complete the survey in under 10 minutes.
Community Meetings, October 27, 2021
Please join us for our kick-off meetings for the 2022-2027 Consolidated Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Plan. Our first set of meetings will be on October 27, 2021. For more details, please click the Notice of Public Hearing links, below! We look forward to and appreciate your participation.
- Notice of Public Hearing (English) October 27, 2021 - Evening Meeting
- Notice of Public Hearing (Tagalog) October 27, 2021 - Evening Meeting
- Notice of Public Hearing (Spanish) October 27, 2021 - Evening Meeting
- Notice of Public Hearing (English) October 27, 2021 - Morning Meeting
- Notice of Public Hearing (Tagalog) October 27, 2021 - Morning Meeting
- Notice of Public Hearing (Spanish) October 27, 2021 - Morning Meeting
- Formal Notice of Public Hearing - October 27, 2021 (Both Meetings)
- 2019-20 CAPER
- 2020-21 CAPER
Throughout the program year, citizens are given an opportunity to comment on all aspects of the City’s CDBG Program uses and performance.
The City is required to prepare both an annual Action Plan and an annual performance report for HUD identifying community priorities and documenting accomplishments through funded activities, programs, and projects. These reports are available for public review. There are currently no reports ready for public review.
Five-Year Consolidated Plan
In 2017, the City developed its Five-Year Consolidated Plan identifying priorities for the use of CDBG funding resources through 2021. CDBG regulations require that jurisdictions set forth policies and procedures to encourage citizen participation (and particularly participation by persons of low or moderate incomes) during the development of these plans and during the overall administration of the City’s CDBG program.
The City is about to start the process for an updated Five-Year Consolidated Plan. Click here to subscribe to our interest list.
Temecula’s Five-Year Consolidated Plan was developed with a strong emphasis on community input. As part of the process for developing the Consolidated Plan, City staff provided a number of opportunities for public input including surveys, public meetings, and focus groups, email and newspaper notices, and the 30-day draft public review and comment period. All public comments provided to the City either verbally or in writing were included in the appendices of the document when submitted to HUD for final approval.
Objectives & Priorities
The objectives and priorities of the Consolidated Plan are listed here.
- Promote the development of affordable housing
- Preserve the existing housing stock
- Ensure equal access to housing opportunities
- Provide public services for low-income residents
- Provide public services for residents with special needs
- Provide public services for the homeless and those at risk of homelessness
- Provide public services for seniors and veterans
- Improve neighborhoods, public facilities, and infrastructure
- Promote economic opportunity