- Community Development
- Land Development Inspections
Land Development Inspections
- Before the state of grading operations, all required erosion and sediment controls are to be implemented as per the approved plan and or directed by the City Public Works Inspector.
- The BMPs are year around requirements. As the project progresses, additional BMPs are to be implemented as required.
NoticesPrior to beginning any work a 48-hour notice is required. For any inspection, there is a required 24-hour notice.
Permit RequiredAll construction for which a permit is required shall be inspected and remain accessible and exposed until approved by a City Public Works Inspector. The permit must be onsite at all times throughout the construction process. A set of City approved plans are required to be onsite for each inspection.
Reference NotesRefer to Grading Note (PDF) on approved plans, Erosion and Sediment Control Note (PDF), and a preconstruction agenda for any and required inspections.
- It is the Developer/ Property owner's responsibility to ensure that all required inspections are made on a project, including Building Permit clearances and Occupancy Releases.
- A Civil and Soils Certification Letter is required for any releases.
- The contractor or subcontractor may call in inspections and be the onsite contact for the project on the developer/owner's behalf.
Scheduling an InspectionInspection requests can be made daily from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Requests made before 3:30 p.m. will be scheduled the following working day, any requests made after 3:30 p.m. will be scheduled for the day after the following working day. LDinspections@TemeculaCA.gov
Required Scheduling InformationPlease have the following information when requesting an Inspection:
- The project/ sub-division and location
- Permit number beginning with LD
- Tract number; Parcel Map number; Phase number
- Type of Inspection requested
- Date and time of inspection request (a.m. or p.m.)
- Your inspector name (if applicable)
- Any pertinent information regarding inspection
- All drainage devices, slope planting and certificates must be completed and approved prior to the release of Occupancy.
- Civil and Soils certification letters are required prior to Occupancy and Building releases (copies will not be accepted).
- Updated pavement-structural recommendations shall be submitted to the City Engineer for approval.
- All items shown on the approved plans must be completed. Revised plans must be approved prior to requesting bond release and/or Occupancy.
- Monumentation bond reductions will not be considered until Faithful Performance Bonds have been reduced by 90% and have been approved by the Director of Public Works.