Resident Policy

How to Determine if You're a Resident
City of Temecula residents live within the city limits and pay a specific Park and Recreation tax that helps fund our department. The boundaries that the U.S. Post Office use, the Temecula Valley School district boundaries and those that determine the city limits are not the same. Even though you may have a Temecula mailing address or go to a Temecula school, you may not live within the Temecula city limits.

Please note non-residents include, but are not limited to, residents of:
  • Anza
  • Canyon Lake
  • De Luz
  • French Valley
  • Lake Elsinore
  • Menifee
  • Morgan Hill
  • Murrieta
  • Silverhawk
  • Winchester
  • Wine Country
  • Other nearby communities
How to Show That You're a Resident
If registering in person for aquatic classes or participating in an aquatic program (e.g. Lap Swim or Public Swim), proof of residency is required. The following will be accepted as proof of residency: a photo ID with your current address listed, or a current utility bill that is in your name and has your current address listed.