- Public Works
- Land Development
Welcome to our Land Development page. All of our services are available online.
- Prior to submitting, please be sure to use our "Am I located in the City of Temecula" app.
- If located within the City, visit our Citizen Self Service (CSS) portal to submit online.
If you have questions, feel free to e-mail us at landdev@TemeculaCA.gov.
The Land Development Division in the Department of Public Works provides for the review and engineering approval of all proposed private developments and residential/commercial subdivisions within City limits to ensure compliance with City and engineering standards, codes, ordinances, policies and procedures as well as all applicable state and federal regulations.
The responsibilities of the Land Development Division include a vast range of engineering reviews and inspections ranging from “conceptual design” engineering reviews to ultimately, Public Works inspectors’ clearance for issuance of a certificate of occupancy. These engineering responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer the Land Development program
- Collect, and ultimately release, the required securities for work within private developments and public rights-of-way
- Inspect all private developments during construction
- Issue Land Development permits including grading, haul route and encroachment permits
- Provide complete and comprehensive Land Development comments (i.e., engineering, water quality, etc.) during the Development Services’ Pre-Application process
- Provide complete and comprehensive Public Works’ Conditions of Approval for private developments
- Provide excellent customer service to the general public regarding Land Development concerns and
- Review, plan check and recommend approval of all private projects (including commercial, industrial and residential developments, tract/parcel maps, legal documentation, etc.) within the City
The Land Development Division strives to accomplish these responsibilities for the benefit of the community, local businesses, neighborhoods and its residents, with minimal disruptions and inconveniences.