Signage requires review from the Planning Department and permits from Building and Safety Department.
Obtaining Sign Approval
- Hire a licensed contractor to design, install, and permit your signage. Drawings should be to scale and drawn in accordance with the development code or sign program criteria and requirements.
- Bring 3 color copies to City Hall to have a planner review and approve your signage proposal.
- Approval is typically done over the counter for the Planning Department. Planning does not collect a fee to approve signage over the counter.
- Once planning approves your sign you will need to obtain a building permit. Building permit fees are due at permit issuance.
Requirements & Standards
In Temecula, Signs are regulated in three different manners, this includes:
- Sign Programs (a regulatory document specific to a particular building or a group of properties)
- Some Specific Plans (a regulatory document specific to a geographical area of the City)
- Sign Standards for commercial, office, industrial and residential districts (Section 17.28 of the Development Code)
Do you need to know how your property will be regulated? Contact our Planner of the Day at 951-694-6444.
Types of Signs
If you have any questions regarding signs, please contact the Planner of the Day at 951-694-6444.