- Community Development
- Environmental Review & CEQA
Environmental Review & CEQA
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is a state law that establishes a procedure for all California public agencies such as the City of Temecula for evaluating the environmental effects of a proposed project.
Filing CEQA Documents
CEQA Notices and Determinations must be filed with the Riverside County Assessor - County Clerk- Recorder. Current filing fees are available at the California Department of Fish and Wildlife's website. Riverside County charges additional fees for credit card transactions.
- Follow this link to the County Clerk- Recorder
- Complete all of the steps on that page. Note your SST #.
- Start an email to CEQAProcessing@asrclkrec.com
- Put your order number (SST) in the subject line (from Step 1 & 2)
- Include payment account information and authorization to bill your account.
- In addition to having an account, the County offers the option to pay by credit card (offered through a 3rd party that charges a 2.28% processing fee based on the filing fees).
- Send a copy of your completed Environmental Notice to your assigned Planner.
- If you have question's about the County process and website, please contact the Riverside County Assessor - County Clerk -Recorder at (951) 955-6200.
CEQA is used to reduce or eliminate any significant negative impacts or effects on the environment which could occur from an approved project.
CEQA applies to all projects that require discretionary approval, unless the project is determined to be exempt. A discretionary project is one that requires the exercise of judgment or deliberation by a public agency in determining whether the project will be approved, or if a permit will be issued. For example, if you want to construct a new building or subdivide your property, these are discretionary projects because the City must review the proposal before issuing an approval or permit.
CEQA also applies to decisions that could lead to indirect impacts, such as making changes to local codes, policies, and general and specific plans.
Temecula Valley Hospital Planned Development Overlay Amendment
Temecula Valley Hospital Current Environmental
Villages @ Paseo del Sol
Harveston Specific Plan Amendment
- Harveston Notice of Preparation of a Draft Supplemental Impact Report (EIR)
- Harveston General Plan and Specific Plan Amend. Initial Study & Environmental Analysis
- Harveston Specific Plan Subsquent Environmental Impact Report NOA
- Harveston Specific Plan DRAFT Subsequent Environmental Impact Report and Appendices
- Harveston Final Subsequent Environmental Impact Report FINAL
- Amendment Final Harveston Specific Plan (with track changes)
- Amendment to Final Harveston Specific Plan (without track changes)
- Notice of Public Hearing PA18-0659 and PA18-0660