What does the Planning Department Review?
The Planning Department oversees various permits, policies, and regulations for the City of Temecula. This includes:
- Alcohol (in cooperation with the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control)
- Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)/Junior Accessory Dwelling Units (JADUs)
- Conditional Use Permits
- Commercial Expansions
- Development Plans
- Exterior Modifications to Commercial Buildings (including paint, patios, materials, lighting, etc...)
- Exterior Modifications to Tract Homes (consult with our staff to determine if a Planning Application is required)
- General Plan Amendments
- Home Occupation Permits
- Land Use Approvals
- Landscaping Modifications (commercial and owner associations)
- Live Entertainment
- Massage Permits
- Room/Residential Additions
- Public Findings of Convenience or Necessity (PC or N)
- Secondary Dwelling Units/Guest Houses
- Temporary Use Permits
- Zone Changes
- And More...
Below you will find our Pre-Application, Planning Applications, and helpful Planning Application Process Guides to assist you with your proposal. If you need additional assistance, please contact our Planner of the Day (POD) at 951-694-6400.