Submitting a Formal Planning Application
The Planning Department has three simple steps to help make your submittal as smooth as possible:
- Complete applications (applications are available below) are required
- Submit Planning Applications online (below)
- If complete, pay fees (staff will email invoices). If incomplete, fix errors.
All of our Planning Applications are available below. Please read through the entire application to make sure all requirements have been met. If you have additional questions, please call us at 951-694-6400 and request to speak with the Planner of the Day (POD).
All Planning Applications must be submitted online. Please click the red button below for submittals.
Our User Fee Schedule provides a detailed breakdown of fees.
Once an application is submitted, staff will provide you an invoice. If incomplete, staff will assist you with fixing errors. If you have a question about fees, please call us at 951-694-6400 and request to speak with the Planner of the Day (POD).
Pre-Applications allow applicants to receive a City of Temecula review prior to a formal application. Some highlights of our Pre-Application are:
- It is free
- Important feedback is provided before a formal submittal
- It takes ~2 weeks for review
- No appointment is needed for submittal
- Submit Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (PDF)
- Appeal (PDF)
- Bingo License (PDF)
- Bond Application (PDF)
- Business License & Massage Establishment Permit (PDF)
- Conditional Use Permit (PDF)
- Development Impact Fee Reduction (PDF)
- Development Plan Application (PDF)
- Extension of Time (PDF)
- HANS (PDF)
- Historical Appropriateness Certificate (PDF)
- Home Product Review (PDF)
- Land Division Phasing Map (PDF)
- Land Use-Zoning-SP Amendment Application (PDF)
- Minor Exception (PDF)
- Model Home Complex (PDF)
- Modifications Application (PDF)
- Pre-Application (PDF)
- Public Convenience or Necessity (PCN) (PDF)
- Sales Trailer TUP (PDF)
- SB35 Affordable Housing Supplement
- Sign Program or Sign Program Amendment
- Temporary Sign Application (PDF)
- Temporary Sign Application for Businesses in Old Town (PDF)
- Temporary Use Permit (TUP)
- Tentative Maps (PDF)
- Variance (PDF)
- Vendors License (PDF)
- Wireless Antenna Facility (PDF)