Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
The purpose of the permit is to assist property owners with compliance of building codes and construction standards for health and safety purposes.
Examples of Requirements
- A building permit must be obtained to construct, replace, improve or install a pool, spa or hot tub.
- A permit is required for installation of in-ground, or prefabricated swimming pools, spas or hot tubs, in either commercial or residential use.
Barriers for swimming pools/spas must meet the requirements of Sections 15.04.020 of the Temecula Municipal Code.
Building Plans Review
Building Plans are reviewed to ensure that construction meets minimum life safety requirements. Depending upon the type of project and the complexity of construction, staff or our outside consultant will examine your plans for conformance to these requirements.
Where to Submit Plans
Submit plans to:
Community Development Department
41000 Main Street Temecula, CA. 92590
What to Include
- 1 Building Permit Application (PDF)
- 2 sets of pool plans including site plan, electrical, mechanical and plumbing plans
- 1 set of scaled floor plans for the County Assessor
- 2 sets of structural calculations
Pre-Plan Check Fee
You will be required to pay a Pre-Plan Check Fee at this time. Staff will inform you of the amount at the time you submit your building plans.
- You will be required to pay a Plan Check Fee at this time. Staff will inform you of the amount at the time you submit your building plans. See our Fees page for a user fee schedule.
- Once your plans are approved, you will need to pay for any plan review costs, building permits or other fees that may apply to your project.
When your plans are approved and your fees have been paid, the Building and Development Services Division will issue the required permits for your project.
Once the work permitted is completed, but before covering up or building over any permitted work, you will need to call and Inspections are required to ensure that all work was completed correctly
After your final inspection, your project will be considered complete.