Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
PurposeThe purpose of the permit is to assist property owners with compliance of building codes and construction standards for health and safety purposes.
Examples of Requirements
- A building permit must be obtained to construct, replace, improve or install a pool, spa or hot tub.
- A permit is required for installation of in-ground, or prefabricated swimming pools, spas or hot tubs, in either commercial or residential use.
BarriersBarriers for swimming pools/spas must meet the requirements of Sections 15.04.020 of the Temecula Municipal Code.
Building Plans ReviewBuilding Plans are reviewed to ensure that construction meets minimum life safety requirements. Depending upon the type of project and the complexity of construction, staff or our outside consultant will examine your plans for conformance to these requirements.
Where to Submit PlansSubmit plans to:
Community Development Department
41000 Main Street Temecula, CA. 92590
What to Include
- 1 Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Pool Checklist and WQMP forms
- 2 sets of pool plans including site plan, electrical, mechanical and plumbing plans
- 1 set of scaled floor plans for the County Assessor
- 2 sets of structural calculations
Pre-Plan Check FeeYou will be required to pay a Pre-Plan Check Fee at this time. Staff will inform you of the amount at the time you submit your building plans.
- You will be required to pay a Plan Check Fee at this time. Staff will inform you of the amount at the time you submit your building plans. See our Fees page for a user fee schedule.
- Once your plans are approved, you will need to pay for any plan review costs, building permits or other fees that may apply to your project.