- City Services
- Public Safety
- Public Training Opportunities
- Health Care Provider CPR
Health Care Provider CPR
American Heart Association Health Care Provider (HCP) CPR Level CertificationThe Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, proved CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Cognitive ObjectivesAt the end of the BLS for Healthcare Providers Course, students will be able to:
- Describe the steps of CPR
- How to give compressions at the proper depth and rate with complete chest recoil
- When to check for a pulse
- When to give breaths, including with barrier devices
- When to start CPR
- When to use an AED
- Describe the signs and actions for severe airway obstruction in the responsive and unresponsive victim
- Describe the links in the chain of survival including the importance of:
- Activating the appropriate emergency response system
- Ensuring the arrival of early advance care by activating the appropriate emergency response system
- Performing CPR
- Providing early defibrillation
- Describe the signs of common life-threatening emergencies in adults
- Cardiac arrest
- Heart attack
Psychomotor ObjectivesAt the end of the BLS for Healthcare Providers Course, students will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Activating the emergency response system
- Giving breaths for adult, child and infant victims
- Bag-Mask ventilation
- Mouth-to-Mask ventilation
- Mouth-to-Mouth ventilation
- Giving compressions for adult, child and infant victims
- Allowing full chest recoil
- Minimizing interruptions in compressions
- Pushing hard and fast
- Performing 1 -and 2- rescuer CPR for adult, child and infant
- Using an AED for victims >1 year of age
- Relieving choking in the responsive and unresponsive victim of any age
Written EvaluationAt the end of the course, successful completion of a 20 question multiple-choice written evaluation must be performed by the student to receive certification.
Note: Recommended renewal for certification every 2 years.
Students will be expected to perform all skills taught in the class. Those who are sick or have open sores on their mouths will not be allowed until they are well and sores are healed.
Class time is approximately 4 hours. Upon successful completion of the course, students will have an American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR/AED card. There will be no course refund after instruction has been delivered.
Current HCP/CPR Class DatesPlease email Matt Hayes or call 951-636-0069 for information and upcoming HCP dates.
Cost of Course
- General Admission: $65
- TCC Members and City Employees*: Free
- Time: 6-10 p.m.
- Location: Fire Station 84
30650 Pauba Road
Temecula, CA 92592
- Attire: Please dress in comfortable clothing; you will be practicing skills.
- Instructor: Fire Department Personnel
RegistrationRegister for a First Aid course being offered on the City of Temecula Online Activity Registration page. If you are a New user to the online registration system, you will need to create a user name and password before registering. This login information can then be used to register for any City sponsored class. Once a user account is created, you can enter the activity number from above to quickly access your desired date or attendance.
Your placement in class will be confirmed by email or phone call; please leave correct contact information. The class size is limited to 20 students.
* If you are a TCC Member or City Employee and wish to register for an HCP, CPR or First Aid course, you must do so in person. To register, please bring proof of employment and payment (if applicable) to City Hall or the Community Recreation Center (CRC).