- 4 p.m.
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- City of Murrieta, City Council Chambers
1 Towne Square
Murrieta, CA 92562
The keynote speaker is Melissa Donaldson, a prominent expert on youth and violence. Donaldson has trained and educated many community members, law enforcement personnel, educators and elected officials on abuse and violence, the toll it takes on families and communities and what can be done about it.
Donaldson has worked in the field of Social Services for nearly 30 years and, since 2001, has been the Executive Director for Safe Alternatives For Everyone (S.A.F.E.), a nonprofit agency providing services for children, youth and families throughout Riverside County who have experienced, or are at risk of, abuse and violence.
Throughout her career, Donaldson has operated:
- Child abuse programs
- Domestic violence shelters
- Drug and alcohol treatment
- Foster care, group homes
- Gang diversion
- Programs for runaway and homeless youth
Donaldson has received numerous awards and commendations including:
- The National Task Force on Runaway Youth from Governor Davis
- The Soroptimist International, Making a Difference for Women Award
- The California Governor’s Crime Victim Advocate Award from Governor Schwarzenegger
- 3rd District County of Riverside Woman of the Year in 2009
Related Information & Resources