Hotel Temecula (Welty Hotel)

The Hotel Temecula (Welty Hotel)
  • This is the second of the 2 hotels built on this site by R.J. and Mary Jane Welty.
  • After the first hotel was destroyed by fire in 1891, the present building was erected the same year.
  • Both hotels were owned and operated by the Welty family for a total of over 30 years.
  • Later, owner Grace LeClare operated it as both an apartment house and hotel.
  • It has been a private residence since 1960 when it was purchased by local historian Horace Parker and his wife, Leverne.
  • This building is not open to the public.