Council Member Curtis Brown
Council Member Curtis Brown was elected to the Temecula City Council in 2022. As a Council Member, Curtis is focused on quality of life, public safety, traffic, addressing homelessness, and reducing crime. Additionally, Curtis understands that a critical aspect the of City Council is ensuring the City is making the best possible use of the taxpayers' dollars.
A 15-year resident of the City, Council Member Brown is a 26-year veteran of the fire service and previously served as the Fire Chief for the City of Temecula, where his top priorities were to plan and implement programs for the Riverside County Fire Department and the City of Temecula in order to carry out better policies and goals. Curtis has been the Deputy Director at the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) since 2022, where he has held several positions since 1996, including Assistant Region Chief, Staff Chief, Assistant Chief, Battalion Chief, Training Captain, Fire Captain, Fire Apparatus Engineer and Program Manager for the Safety and EMS Program.
Council Member Brown believes the City’s government should be transparent and represent the people. Instead of pushing our own agendas – we need leaders who understand and are willing to reach out and form partnerships to ensure the City is a safe place to live, work, and recreate.
- Ensure that our public safety (Police, Fire, EMS) personnel have the staffing, equipment, and training needed in order for Temecula to remain one of the safest cities in the nation.
- Ensure the ability to travel easily from place to place on well-connected streets within the City
- Enhance the community to live, work, and recreate (play) for current and future residents
Occupation & Education:
- Fire Chief
- Chief Brown holds an Associate degree from San Diego City College with honors.
Elected and Appointed Offices:
- In 2021, the Governor appointed Chief Curtis Brown to serve on the Commission on Emergency Medical Services (EMS) for the State of California.
- Married with five children
- Favorited activities: Maintaining mental and physical well-being