Although the Teen Zone is closed, we want to provide you with some unique resources geared toward teens. From all of the CRC staff – we miss our members! We can’t wait to see you all soon.
TEEN ZONE - MONTHLY THEME BOX (NEW!)
This new program has been curated by and will be hosted by familiar Teen Zone staff. Join us for a new theme month! Each box comes with relevant activities, crafts and goodies for that month.
You can also attend our virtual “meetup” via Zoom once a month to make the craft together, play games do trivia and challenges, and enjoy a snack!
Reserve your theme box here.
LEARN SOMETHING NEW
Try learning something new, like playing the guitar, the piano, or learn a different language. Here are some resources that can help you learn a new skill.
Joy Tunes are articles that offers other resources on ways to learn a new instrument.
Piano Video Lessons Offers many video piano lessons.
Justin Guitar This site has free guitar lessons.
Fender Play Provides 3 months of free guitar lessons.
Duolingo If you want to learn a different language, this app can be downloaded to your device and it offer 15+ languages that you can choose from.
Learn a Language This website has many languages to choose from.
Embroidery - Our Daily Craft has a great quick start up guide to embroidery.
Learn to Crochet - Craftify My Love offers free crochet lessons and free crochet patterns
Small Brush Pen Lettering - Awesome Alice has a 30 day challenge to learn how to do small brush pen lettering, with free printable practice pages.
Scrapbooking - Mommy Evolution is a page that goes over the basics of scrapbooking, it guides you on the materials you will need to get started.
We know that Tasty Tuesday is our members’ favorite activity – so we wanted to bring it to you virtually! Ok so we know this totally isn’t the same, but give it a try – you might be pleasantly surprised! Every Tuesday create a tasty treat for your family. Here are some fun, simple recipes you can do for your family. Remember that you can make any of these yummy desserts any day of the week... because, why not?!
- Vegan Family Recipes is a great website that offices many healthy vegan sweet snacks for the whole family will enjoy.
- Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries
- Greek Yogurt Oat Blueberry Muffins
- Hawaiian Cheesecake Salad
- Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- Banana Pudding Lasagna
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
- 15 Super Easy 2 Ingredient Popsicle Recipes
- Smore’s Stay at Home Dip
- Twisted Pizza Breadsticks
- Chicken Dumplings
- Busy Moms Helper- has over 50 cool summer snacks that are easy to make.
- Pumpkin Pie Bites
- Caramel Chocolate Apple Slices
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Fluff
- Pumpkin Doodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Coffee
- Pumpkin Spice Cheerios Treats
- Banana Maple Yogurt Parfait
- Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bars
PROJECT AND CRAFTS
- Carnegie STEM Projects for Girls Instructions for making marshmallow rockets, bath bombs, and much more.
- The Joy of Painting Tune in to this YouTube channel for painting tutorials by one of the greats.
- Start a Garden With your parents’ permission you can start your own raised bed garden.
- Fun Loving Families has 50+ craft ideas.
- Childhood 101 offers a collection of 45 fun crafts.
Create some Tie Dye! Here are some link with some ideas for tie dying:
- Tie Dye Your Summer - offers a guide to different tie dyeing techniques
- DIY- Sharpie Tie Dye Shoes
- Summer Tie Dye Beach Towels
Try some Fall-like crafts!
- Scarecrow Mason Jar
- Fall Cinnamon Slime
- Pumpkin Decorating with Crayons
- Broccoli Stamped Fall Tree Painting
- DYI Leaf Bowl
Check out virtual tours. Most of the major museums/galleries are offering free virtual tours!
Check on grandparents or elderly neighbors. Call them or video call them just so see how they are doing…… or even write a letter! They will love good old fashioned snail mail.
Story time. With permission of parents, video call a younger cousin or family member and have story time. You can tell them funny, real life stories – or even read a book to them.
House Party: a free app that lets you play video/games with up to 10 friends.
30 day challenge. Look for a fun challenge that you can do with your family or you can also do this virtually with other family members and friends.
Picture challenge: Make a list of 30 different things/activities, and each day you and your family can take picture of that item/activity and share with family members.
Text Challenge. Each day send a text to someone different in your contact list.
Wish List. Each day write something/an activity that you want to do once life gets back to normal.
Unplug. For 30 days challenge yourself and your family to unplug from any electronics for one hour. And no, the hours that you are asleep don’t count! You can do it – we believe in you!
Back yard campout – Still wanting to do some outdoor activities? Gather your families camping gear and set it up outside for you and your family to enjoy, or make it a fun night just for you and your siblings! Don’t forget to make some yummy snacks.
Missing your friends and family? Create a scrapbook with your favorite pictures, of your favorite moments together, and mail it to them. Don’t know where to start? Check out our link under the “Learn Something New” section, which will guide you on how to start scrapbooking.
Virtual Scavenger Hunt - Plan a fun Friday virtual game night with your friends or family. Play.Party. Plan has some awesome free printable scavenger hunts.
Have some water fun - Mom Junction has 10 fun water games.
College Virtual Tours