In an effort to enhance the quality of our parks as a core value of a Healthy and Livable Community, the City of Temecula encourages the community to assist with the maintenance and beautification of our parks by facilitating the enhancement of park/playground amenities and providing general upkeep and repair of equipment, recreation facilities, and trails through an “Adopt-A-Park” program.
About the Program
The Adopt-A-Park Program was established in 2019 as a way to allow individuals or groups to assume the responsibility for one or more eligible activities at their adopted park. The benefits of this program include:
- Enhancement of the environment
- Beautification of parks, trails, and green spaces
- Greater public education and awareness of parks, recreation programs, and community services
- Community and/or corporate support of park-related capital improvements
Activities which enhance the quality of the City’s parks and trails may be eligible to be included in the Adopt-A-Park program. Examples include:
- Trash Pickup
- Graffiti/Gum Removal
- Reporting of suspicious or illegal activity at park site
- Purchasing items, supplies, or landscaping and landscape maintenance (e.g. benches, tree planting, etc.)
- Facility and equipment upkeep and maintenance
- Other improvements as suggested and approved by City staff
- Download Packet & Application
- Adopt-A-Park requires an application. Simply fill out, sign the application and submit it via email to Tracy.Courts@TemeculaCA.gov or by mail to the following address:
- City of Temecula
- Attn: Tracy Courts
- 41000 Main St.
- Temecula, CA 92590
- No application fee is required, but the applicant is required to accept several conditions, including a liability/waiver agreement.
- Expect the process to take 2-3 weeks to allow time for any necessary coordination.