Frequently Asked Questions

Who needs a business license?

Anyone conducting business within the city limits of Temecula is required a business license.

I'm a nonprofit, do I still need a business license?

Yes, although nonprofits with a 501c3 or similar exemption is exempt from the $35 business license fee, they are still required to register for a business license and are required to remit the state fee portion of the license fees.

How do I get a Fictitious Business Name?

A Fictitious Business Name, also known as DBA or Doing Business As, is filed with the County of Riverside.  You may file the Fictitious Business Name Statement in person or online.  It may take a few weeks longer to obtain if filed online.  In person, over the counter submittal can be done at the Temecula office located at 4300 County Center Dr. Temecula, CA. 92591 (across the street from the Promenade Mall, off Ynez and Winchester Rd, around the corner from the Taco Bell a block away from the freeway onramp/offramp).

How do I check if someone already uses my Business Name?

You may search the County of Riverside Assessor / Clerks records online at -