Summer Day Camp
Campers are divided into 3 different age groups:
6 - 9 years old | 6 Mix
9 - 12 years old | 9 Plus
12 - 14 years | Teen Camp
Camp days are Monday - Friday, and camp hours are 8:00am - 5:30pm.
Summer Day Camp features a wide variety of fun-filled recreation activities that will keep kids happy and busy all summer long! The program will include age-appropriate excursions, games, crafts, swimming, and more. Every week there will be another new and awesome adventure-filled theme for campers to enjoy. Don’t miss out on the fun!
Questions? You can reach us at 951-694-6410 or DayCamp@TemeculaCA.gov
Click through the tabs below for more information about our Summer Day Camp Program
- Registration Information
- General Information
- Field Trips
- Employment & Jr. Counselors
- Contact Us
Temecula Resident Registration Begins May 1, 2023
Click below to register! REGISTER HERE
Jr. Counselor Program
Registration begins: May 1, 2023.
Summer Day Camp participants embark on fun and exciting field trips every week! Teen camp (ages 12 – 14) will attend an additional age-appropriate field trip every Tuesday. Campers of all ages (6 – 14) will attend a field trip every Thursday. Below is some is some important information regarding Summer Day Camp field trips:
- Camper to counselor ratio is 10:1 or less.
- Campers are assigned to a group for that day, and each group will have 1 counselor and 1+ Jr. Counselors.
- On field trip days, the entire camp will be leaving the CRC (with the exception of on-site field trips). No staff will be left behind to supervise campers whose parents wish to exclude them from the field trip that day.
- The field trip schedule will be published on the first day of each session.
- Some field trips may require an earlier drop-off and later pick-up time than 8:00am and 5:30pm. You will be notified in advance of these field trip.
- Parents are required to sign a new permission slip for each field trip.
- Transportation to and from field trips for campers will be provided, and is already included in the cost of the program.
- Please see that week’s permission slip for information about lunch requirements for each field trip.
- For some field trips, you may give a small amount of spending money to their camper. This typically would be for a field trip that has an arcade or games (ie. Mulligans, Castle Park, etc.). Giving spending money is not mandatory, and is a decision that each parent must make. Campers are responsible for keeping track of their money and any belongings that are brought on field trips.
- Off-site field trips for all campers may include: museums, San Diego Safari Park, aquariums, and Sea World.
- Off-site field trips for Teen Camp (ages 12 – 14 only) may include: Bowling, escape rooms, and Water Parks.
- On-site field trips for all ages may include: Summer Olympics & Carnival.
Do you have a passion for recreation and/or working with the youth in our community? Looking to gain work or volunteer experience in a government agency? Look no further! The City of Temecula is currently recruiting for our program!
Jr. Counselors: This year we are proud to offer a new and improved Jr. Counselor Training Program! Registration opens on May 1, 2023. Click HERE to register. Any questions about the program can be emailed to: DayCamp@temeculaca.gov.
Paid Positions: We are hiring for paid positions! Click on each job title to view information and to apply. Applications are only available online and are due by the deadlines listed below. Be sure to check out the list of benefits below as well!*
Day Camp Counselor (Recreation Assistant) (Closes April 3, 2023)
Benefits for paid positions:
- $500 new-hire bonus and $500+ returning bonus
- $300 referral bonus program
- A fun, tight-knit work environment
- Certifications and training in: CPR, first aid, AED, epi-pen administration, concussion safety, blood-borne pathogens, emergency preparedness, food handlers (select positions only), and more
- 24 hours of paid sick leave
- City-matched retirement fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including free counseling, legal services, financial planning, and more
- Opportunities for annual pay increases and advancement
- Being involved in your community
- Experience working for a respected government agency