The purpose of the TRIP Report (Traffic
Restrictions in Progress) is to advise citizens of conditions affecting traffic flow within the City.
The following information consists of general major construction zones that are known at this time, but may not be all inclusive.
There are always some unscheduled street and utility repairs that occur day and night that may not be reflected on this report. Please drive safely through all delineated construction zones whether constructions crew are working or not.
1. Calle Medusa, between Nicolas Road to La Serena Way Project:Southern California Edison (SCE) Status:Installation of dry utilities. Trenching work began on March 20, 2017. Anticipate completion on May 29, 2017. Work hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
2. Diaz Road and Avenida Alvarado Project: Southern California Edison (SCE) Status: Installation of dry utilities and facilities.Anticipate completion by end of April 2017.
3. Interstate 15 and Temecula Parkway Project:Interstate 15 / State Route 79 South Interchange (Capital Improvement Program (CIP)) Status:Construction is expected to begin June 2017 through December 2018.Visit the project web page:www.TemeculaCA.gov/1579South for details on traffic restrictions.
4. Main Street and Mercedes Street (Town Square) Project:Annual Taste of Temecula Valley Event Status:Street closures on Old Town Front Street (at Rosa’s Cantina) to Mercedes Street, and between Fourth Street and Third Street on Mercedes will be closed from 5:00 a.m. on Friday, April 28th, to 5:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 30, 2017.
5. Rancho California Road and Moraga Road Project: Highgate Senior Center Status: Ongoing day and night utility work by a private contractor.Works hours on Rancho California Road are 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.Work hours on Moraga Road are 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
6. Temecula Parkway and La Paz Street Project: Gateway to Temecula Status: Intermittent single lane closures for installation of utilities. Anticipate completion by end of April 2017. Work hours are 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
7. Via Lobo Road and Nicolas Road Project: Arbor Vista Project (Lennar Homes) Status:Installation of wet utilities began on April 3, 2017.Anticipate completion at the end of May 2017.Work hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
8. Via Norte / Del Rey Road Loop Project: Southern California Edison (SCE) Status: Installation of dry utilities and facilities.Anticipate completion by end of July 2017.Work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
9. Via Puebla and Monte Verde Project:Toscano at Terrecina (CalAtlantic Homes) Status:Installation of sewer line by private contractor.Anticipate completion by end of April 2017.
10. Ynez Road, between Pauba Road and Rancho Vista Road Project: Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Status: City contractor performing sidewalk improvements. Partial closure of the northbound right turn lane. Workshours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
11. Yorba Avenue and Ynez Road Project: Rancho California Water District (RCWD) Status:Installation of water valves and appurtenances and then final paving.The eastbound turn pocket from Ynez Road onto Yorba Avenue will be closed.Access onto Yorba Avenue will be closed, but traffic control will allow traffic to exit off of Yorba Avenue.Anticipate completion by end of April 2017.Work hours are between 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
*Low Flow Channel on Via Montezuma between Diaz Road and Del Rio Road is Closed*