Temecula is well known for its championship golf courses, a climate perfect for serene and beautiful hot-air ballooning adventures, and award-winning wineries nestled in 3,000 acres of picturesque wine country, but that's just the beginning. The community's mix of entertaining activities and friendly residents makes visitors want to return again and again.
Old Town District
Located in the heart of Temecula, the Old Town district blends historic buildings with over 640 antique dealers, unique shopping, and restaurants.
Old Town Temecula is the site of many special events, including:
- Car shows
- Semi-Annual Rod Runs
- Summer weekend entertainment
- Western Days
Things To Do
- Take a jaunt in a horse-drawn carriage or stroll along the wooden boardwalks.
- Every Saturday, visit the popular Farmer's Market which offers a wealth of fresh produce, flowers, and crafts.
- Tour the Temecula Valley Museum and discover the city's historical treasures.
- Enjoy the wacky inventor Professor Phineas Pennypickle's home workshop at the Imagination Workshop Children's Museum.
- Experience an evening out at our Old Town Temecula Community Theater.
Shopping & Dining
If it's shopping you're looking for, you'll be sure to find that one-of-a-kind item in a quaint specialty boutique or one of Temecula's modern neighborhood centers. The Promenade Mall and Power Center offers the convenience of large department store shopping at its best. When it's time to dine, an array of dining experiences will fit any taste or budget.
Great weather and fresh air will encourage you to take the family for a hike on the Santa Rosa Plateau Wildlife Preserve, or delight in a day of boating and fishing at Lake Skinner, the site of the annual Balloon and Wine Festival, or nearby Diamond Valley Lake.
Just south of Temecula, the Pechanga Tribe of American Indians operates the Pechanga Resort and Entertainment Center where visitors can enjoy gaming, boxing, or concerts.